CRJMBS Navigation
About
Publication Ethics
Call For Paper
Editorial Board
Guide to Authors
Scope
Editorial Workflow
Submit Manuscript
Archives
Viewing Options
[View Abstract]
[View Full Text PDF]
[Download Full Text PDF]
Authors Articles on Google Scholar
S.J Abiara
G.T Arosanyin
Authors Articles on Pubmed
S.J Abiara
G.T Arosanyin
Preferences
Email this Article to a friend
Print this Article
Statistics
Viewed: 396
Forwarded: 0
Printed: 93
Downloaded: 732
Journals By Category
Agricultural Sciences
Arts and Education
Biological Sciences
Engineering
Medical Sciences
Physical Sciences
Social Sciences
Newsletters Subscription

Evaluation of Small Scale Enterprises' Financing Options in Ilorin, Nigeria

 

Abiara S. J* and Arosanyin G. T 

 

Full Length Research Paper

 

Department of Economics, University of Ilorin, Ilorin

abiarasegun@gmail.com

 

Accepted 27, October 2016

 

This study evaluated the Small Scale Enterprises' financing options in Ilorin, Nigeria. The objective of the study is to evaluate the financing options available to and accessed by Small Scale Enterprise (SSE) in Ilorin metropolis; and examined the significant level of financing options accessed by the SSE with a view to optimizing their finance. A modified multinomial logit regression was used to attain this objective. Result indicated that the Small Scale Entrepreneurs accessed the financing options at 63.9% in category one with odds of 1.77, less financing options at 22.0 per cent in category two with odds of 2.8 and least accessed at 14.1% in category three with odds of 0.16 for their start-up capital. A unit increase in any of these variables will improve the entrepreneur’s finance. There should be efficiency as both equity and debt finance are assessed by the entrepreneur, coupled with attractive access to bank credit and government’s genuine regulation are made.

Keywords: Small Scale Enterprises, financing options, evaluation, Ilorin, Nigeria